Skip to main content

17 Weeks

Well, here I am!


It is really hard to take these selfies. I feel like it will be easier to capture my belly once I am a little bit bigger. It is a talent to get the belly at the right angle, to figure out what to do with my arm, and to have a semi natural-looking smile. This was like photo number 6.

We did a 4D ultrasound a few days ago to determine gender! I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money on an "extra" ultrasound, but we got a good deal, and it was such a neat experience! I'm glad we decided to do it. 

The room was dimly lit and had big couches in it for friends and family - you could have a party in there! The images were up on the projector screen, so you didn't miss a single movement. We spent about 15 minutes watching our baby on the screen, some 2D images, and some 3D. 

At first, the baby had its legs crossed, so the ultrasound tech wasn't sure she would be able to determine gender. But baby eventually moved, so she was able to tell! And she said she was 150% sure!

Here's a little secret...we debated for about a week on wether or not we wanted to know the gender at the appointment or be surprised at our gender reveal party. We decided at the last minute that we just had to know - this experience and this baby are just too special to wait. Why wait?!

The ultrasound tech had me bounce on a yoga ball to see if we could get the baby to rotate in order to get some 3D images of the baby's face. So far all we could see was a side and back view of the baby. She had me lay back on the table and press on the side of my belly to see if that would help. Baby was making us laugh; the baby was upside down on its head, with legs outstretched! When I would press on my belly, we could see baby kick back on the screen!




I had not felt any kicks up until this point, but seeing the baby move on the screen helped me to know what I was feeling. I could feel little tiny flutters when the baby would kick back! I have enjoyed feeling baby kick, now that I know that its the baby and not just my stomach or gas moving around! The other night I had my hand over my lower belly when I was in bed, and I could feel the kick on the outside! But I had to focus in order to feel it; it's not very obvious yet!

After the ultrasound, we went to a pizza place next door and had lunch and talked about our little baby. I felt really, really happy. Content. And smiley! I was very glad we decided to find out the gender - it was nice that just the two of us could share it. I can't wait for our gender reveal party on Sunday...then the whole world will know!

I have definitely been more tired lately; as usual, I'm getting nothing done. I'm starting to have lower back aches and I get tired doing simple chores. 

I'm still eating whatever, although I realize I lost my obsession with breakfast. I used to make fried egg sandwiches, scrambled eggs and toast, and things like that, and now I don't feel like it. Maybe because it makes me tired just thinking about having to make it? Probably!

Still no progress with the nursery. Well, that's not entirely true. 

I finally put the Christmas decoration boxes away that were in there.

I went through our Christmas gifts.

I sorted through some maternity clothes...there's a lot!

And, I've decided the color scheme for the nursery, and I intend to go crazy adding things to our registry after the party! 

So...what do you think? Boy or girl?!

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy-Peasy Pumpkin Decorating

I sure haven't gotten around to doing much decorating for the Fall. I'm feeling sort of "Bah-humbug" about Halloween this year. I did buy some pumpkins.  And then I put them outside the garage door.  And that is about all the effort I have put forth so far.  Last year I was inspired to do some creative chevron painting on my pumpkins and use decorative ribbons. For whatever reason, this year I've been so lazy and wanted something with less effort required.  Is that bad of me?! I got my act together today and put some spider web on my now dead bushes in the front of the house (yeah I managed to kill those - I did not consider how much the dirt would settle and the top two inches of the roots became exposed. Lesson learned!). I also put some up on the brick wall by the garage. That stuff sticks perfectly to the texture of the brick!  Then I put my pumpkins by the door. I had a few pairs of black textured tights, so I put one leg of

The Tears Won't Stop

I can't sleep, guys. Valentine's Day is coming up soon. And tonight, the tears started, and they just wouldn't stop. 2008 was truly an unbearable year. A lot of you know my story and the connection here, but many of you don't. I don't think that I've shared about the whole year, all together. I've been told by a few very supportive friends that my story could basically be a Nicholas Sparks movie; I think the ending is still being written. So, I'll do my best to get it all in writing, in one place. To start off, you'll need a little background information. It's mid-2007, and I am about to head off for my senior year of college, and my boyfriend (now husband) was about to embark on his first tour of duty overseas as a Military Police Reservist. My mom was 1 year into her cancer diagnosis, and was experiencing back pain, which she attributed to working in the yard so much that summer. After the New Year, Chris was about halfway t

That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It

Pinterest is amazing . Have you heard of it? I hope so, because if not, you are truly missing out. It has almost become the new "Google" for some (me). I am more likely to hop on Pinterest to search for a yummy recipe than search on Google. I would like to point out, however, that Google has a recipe tab that you can click on, and then on the left side of the screen you can checkmark the boxes to indicate if you want that ingredient to be present in your recipe. Kinda handy if you are looking for a recipe and you can only remember a few ingredients in it. Anyway, browsing Pinterest has led me to great ideas, recipes, products, and left me drooling over dream homes and a wardrobe to die for. But recently, as Pinterest has become more popular, I have noticed some really dumb links. I am not typically one to point out stuff like this, but some of these things just crack me up! I'm not sure I get this. This image is suggesting that this is an acceptable way to re-sea