Skip to main content

21 Weeks

Another week down! I feel like these weeks are going by super fast. I knew February was going to be gone before I knew it - just a few more days and it will be March!

And then it will be May. 

And then it will be June. 

And then Ava will be here!!

Here's a great picture for ya:



I kept forgetting to take my 21 week photo. So this was last night.

At 10:30.

When I was very tired

And should have been in bed over an hour ago.

And the lighting was bad.

Oh well; that's life.

Anywho, I am now going to stand in front of her crib because the rest of her room is a complete mess.


But I am very thankful to those who helped this room become a mess!

I had 2 baby showers at home last weekend and Ava got a lot of very special things!

Now we just need to get her some furniture so we have a place to put it all!

This week I have really begun to notice that it is more difficult to get up off the couch, to get out of Chris' car, and I can't bend over to put on shoes as effortlessly. Chris likes to make fun of me because I make a lot more noise when getting up or sitting down. A lot of times I don't realize that I am "grunting"...it just takes more work than it used to! 

I read on my pregnancy app that baby will begin putting fat on her little body starting this next week; right now her skin is transparent and all her organs are visible through the skin! So I know from this point forward my belly will become rounder much quicker! So far I have gained 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, so I think I am right on track.

I went in for Ava's anatomy scan in which an ultrasound is done to see and measure her organs and body. She was curled up and was making it difficult for the ultrasound tech to see what she needed to see, so it took about 45 minutes and a few trips to the bathroom to empty a bit more of my bladder to get her to move and have better visibility. She was not happy when the ultrasound tech was running the probe over her little head - I think she was punching me! I can consistently feel her head with my hand when I lay down flat; it always seems to be just to the left of my belly button, so I'm sure she could feel the pressure of the probe.

Ava sure does like to kick. And punch. Or whatever she's doing in there! I feel her move a lot during the day. I can usually count on her to move when I lean forward for too long, when I first lay down, and right after I eat.

This might be my first week of boredom since quitting my job - there's not much on the schedule! And I'm at a standstill in Ava's room; without furniture there's not much I can do. No appointments, no events...just cleaning house, I guess. The hubby is out of town until Thursday, so me and the animals shall bond! How about I bond with this baby:


What. A. Face.

2 weeks ago we had his foot wrapped because he broke a nail.

Well, he ate that wrap.

And he finally vomited it out!

I had never been so happy to see disgusting vomit in my life.

Fortunately he did it outside.

And there was no doubt that the wrap was in the vomit - the wrap was blue, so it was pretty obvious.

His belly can't have felt good with that in there for two weeks!

What a little dummy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy-Peasy Pumpkin Decorating

I sure haven't gotten around to doing much decorating for the Fall. I'm feeling sort of "Bah-humbug" about Halloween this year. I did buy some pumpkins.  And then I put them outside the garage door.  And that is about all the effort I have put forth so far.  Last year I was inspired to do some creative chevron painting on my pumpkins and use decorative ribbons. For whatever reason, this year I've been so lazy and wanted something with less effort required.  Is that bad of me?! I got my act together today and put some spider web on my now dead bushes in the front of the house (yeah I managed to kill those - I did not consider how much the dirt would settle and the top two inches of the roots became exposed. Lesson learned!). I also put some up on the brick wall by the garage. That stuff sticks perfectly to the texture of the brick!  Then I put my pumpkins by the door. I had a few pairs of black textured tights, so I put one leg of

The Tears Won't Stop

I can't sleep, guys. Valentine's Day is coming up soon. And tonight, the tears started, and they just wouldn't stop. 2008 was truly an unbearable year. A lot of you know my story and the connection here, but many of you don't. I don't think that I've shared about the whole year, all together. I've been told by a few very supportive friends that my story could basically be a Nicholas Sparks movie; I think the ending is still being written. So, I'll do my best to get it all in writing, in one place. To start off, you'll need a little background information. It's mid-2007, and I am about to head off for my senior year of college, and my boyfriend (now husband) was about to embark on his first tour of duty overseas as a Military Police Reservist. My mom was 1 year into her cancer diagnosis, and was experiencing back pain, which she attributed to working in the yard so much that summer. After the New Year, Chris was about halfway t

That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It

Pinterest is amazing . Have you heard of it? I hope so, because if not, you are truly missing out. It has almost become the new "Google" for some (me). I am more likely to hop on Pinterest to search for a yummy recipe than search on Google. I would like to point out, however, that Google has a recipe tab that you can click on, and then on the left side of the screen you can checkmark the boxes to indicate if you want that ingredient to be present in your recipe. Kinda handy if you are looking for a recipe and you can only remember a few ingredients in it. Anyway, browsing Pinterest has led me to great ideas, recipes, products, and left me drooling over dream homes and a wardrobe to die for. But recently, as Pinterest has become more popular, I have noticed some really dumb links. I am not typically one to point out stuff like this, but some of these things just crack me up! I'm not sure I get this. This image is suggesting that this is an acceptable way to re-sea