Skip to main content

26 Weeks

26...is that right?!

I feel like time is going by very fast!!

I think Ava had a growth spurt this week. I feel like my belly grew a lot in 7 days.

I'm definitely feeling more round - its really a challenge to get off the couch! We are starting to take my car around town for errands since it isn't as low to the ground as Chris'. For the first time, my belly made it difficult for me to get comfortable and fall asleep last night.

Ava's whole body no longer fits in one ultrasound image! I went in yesterday for a growth scan, and while it still has to go to the doctor to read, and then I won't hear the results until my 28 week appointment, I can tell she is growing just fine!


Just look at that profile. :) 

She was opening and closing her mouth and sticking her tongue out. The ultrasound tech said she was probably swallowing the amniotic fluid and letting her body practice what it will do when she is in the outside world. She was very active during this ultrasound and kept the ultrasound tech on her toes to get good images to get her measurements. She has remained in her favorite transverse position. She's a little bit crowded in that position, and she had her legs tucked up, making her look like a little froggie. One of the angles you could clearly see her belly and her knees up on either side of it, and she was squirming and kicking just like a frog. It was so cute to see! The tech said that once she gets really crowded that she would move to a different position. I'm pretty sure I have felt Ava move to different positions - the other day my stomach was very lopsided, and I'm pretty sure it was because she was rolling around and trying to change positions.

She had the hiccups during the ultrasound; the tech located her diaphragm and showed us where it was on the screen (because I sure couldn't tell what I was looking at) and we watched it contract along with her belly every 3 seconds or so. I was trying to focus to see if I could feel it, but I couldn't, although she was also kicking a bit at the same time.

My neighbor and I went to the filming of an episode of Nashville that took place at Ft. Campbell this week. I highly doubt we will make it onto any scenes on the show; between us being on the edge of the crowd and them taking multiple takes of the same scene using multiple camera angles and us leaving to go sit down randomly, I would be very surprised. If we did, it would just be the backs of our heads. 

On the left side of the stage.

The episode airs on May 7, I think.

We got to see the characters Rayna and her daughters, Juliette, Luke, and Deacon do performances. Kelly Pickler performed as well! We've been asked not to give out any plot spoilers, although they asked a bit too late - pictures were all over social media by the time they made their request. We didn't sign anything, so we really didn't know.

Here are a few pics I took from the day:

"Rayna".

"Luke" on the left, "Juliette" in the center.

"Rayna" and her daughters and "Deacon". They sang my favorite song from the show. :)


Just a stage shot while filming.

It was VERY cold that morning. Fortunately it was sunny, but we were pretty cold. We went home for lunch and naps (haha) and then went back in the afternoon. It was a much smaller crowd than I was expecting, but I don't think the crew took into consideration the Ft. Campbell schedule. The majority of soldiers were all working (or deployed) and it was spring break, so a lot of moms were at home with the kids. Plus the weather was a definite factor.

Overall it was a fun day! Something I never thought I would get to be a part of, that's for sure! Even though we were volunteers, they gave us a parting gift:


3 volumes of Nashville Soundtracks!

Chris and I went to the gym yesterday - the first time I have been since getting pregnant! I used the elliptical and the treadmill. The elliptical was definitely more comfortable for me than the treadmill; my pelvis continues to be achy. I of course listened to my body and was sure to keep my heart rate under 140. It did feel a little awkward to be going so slow on exercise equipment, but I knew it was just right for me.

Here's another great evening belly photo:



I invited Dukie to be in it.

It's also not the greatest angle, but it sure captures my round belly! I think it also looks a lot bigger because I am wearing a shirt that is NOT maternity. I feel like my belly size looks very different depending on what I wear. 

We are converting an area downstairs in the living/dining room to be an area for Ava. We plan to use the pack and play downstairs and it has a changer on it too. We will have the swing set up downstairs as well. We are down to the last few major items for Ava; I am feeling like it is going to be important to be ready for her a bit early. Who knows what she will decide to do and if she will have enough room to make it all the way to 40 weeks (which I just read that making it to your due date is technically only 38 weeks because the first 2 weeks of pregnancy don't count in baby's development, so then why do they still count weeks that way?...so confused).

Well, that's about it for this week...I don't think I did anything in her nursery this week. Chris hopes to finish the dresser this weekend, although the humidity in the weather forecast will not help the paint dry, so we shall see how it goes!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy-Peasy Pumpkin Decorating

I sure haven't gotten around to doing much decorating for the Fall. I'm feeling sort of "Bah-humbug" about Halloween this year. I did buy some pumpkins.  And then I put them outside the garage door.  And that is about all the effort I have put forth so far.  Last year I was inspired to do some creative chevron painting on my pumpkins and use decorative ribbons. For whatever reason, this year I've been so lazy and wanted something with less effort required.  Is that bad of me?! I got my act together today and put some spider web on my now dead bushes in the front of the house (yeah I managed to kill those - I did not consider how much the dirt would settle and the top two inches of the roots became exposed. Lesson learned!). I also put some up on the brick wall by the garage. That stuff sticks perfectly to the texture of the brick!  Then I put my pumpkins by the door. I had a few pairs of black textured tights, so I put one leg of

The Tears Won't Stop

I can't sleep, guys. Valentine's Day is coming up soon. And tonight, the tears started, and they just wouldn't stop. 2008 was truly an unbearable year. A lot of you know my story and the connection here, but many of you don't. I don't think that I've shared about the whole year, all together. I've been told by a few very supportive friends that my story could basically be a Nicholas Sparks movie; I think the ending is still being written. So, I'll do my best to get it all in writing, in one place. To start off, you'll need a little background information. It's mid-2007, and I am about to head off for my senior year of college, and my boyfriend (now husband) was about to embark on his first tour of duty overseas as a Military Police Reservist. My mom was 1 year into her cancer diagnosis, and was experiencing back pain, which she attributed to working in the yard so much that summer. After the New Year, Chris was about halfway t

That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It

Pinterest is amazing . Have you heard of it? I hope so, because if not, you are truly missing out. It has almost become the new "Google" for some (me). I am more likely to hop on Pinterest to search for a yummy recipe than search on Google. I would like to point out, however, that Google has a recipe tab that you can click on, and then on the left side of the screen you can checkmark the boxes to indicate if you want that ingredient to be present in your recipe. Kinda handy if you are looking for a recipe and you can only remember a few ingredients in it. Anyway, browsing Pinterest has led me to great ideas, recipes, products, and left me drooling over dream homes and a wardrobe to die for. But recently, as Pinterest has become more popular, I have noticed some really dumb links. I am not typically one to point out stuff like this, but some of these things just crack me up! I'm not sure I get this. This image is suggesting that this is an acceptable way to re-sea