Skip to main content

27 Weeks

So wait...I am now 7 months pregnant?!

I have started the THIRD TRIMESTER!!!

Some count week 27 as the start of the last trimester, and some say 28. I don't know which one is correct, so I'm going with 27 weeks.

Ava will be here in 3 months or 13 weeks or 91 days (or less)!!!

I had another first this week!

I felt baby girl's hiccups for the first time! I thought she was tap dancing and had amazing rhythm when I realized (especially since my last ultrasound where I saw her hiccups on the screen) that those were no punches or kicks - those were hiccups! I felt it much deeper in my belly, and they were not nearly as localized as a kick or jab. It was almost like a pulsing that happened every few seconds. Crazy! Chris was able to feel them too a few days later. Her torso must have been closer to the side of the uterus.  It felt like a little heartbeat, almost - it's kinda hard to describe! I've felt them almost every day this week! In fact, she has them right now as I am typing this. :) Growing a baby is both the most beautiful thing ever, and also a little bit wild when you think about all that is happening!

I am so happy and grateful to be here.

Ava is such a blessing already!

4 ladies (including me) on my little c-shaped street are due this summer. Babies will literally be popping out left and right! So Ava will have lots of friends her age. 

I caught this RARE image a few days ago...
All 3 of our animals.

VOLUNTARILY in the same room.

In the same corner of that room.

The cats are relaxed as can be and Duke is resting nicely on his bed.

It's only taken almost a year for this to happen!

It was a big day in our household! 

I guess I should have removed most of our living room furniture a long time ago to allow for this "play space" to exist.

We finally got the new furniture and sold the old set! I am so happy we went with a reclining couch and loveseat instead of a sectional. The reclining feature couldn't have come at a better time for me and miss Ava - I am much more comfortable, and it's nice to be able to put my feet up at the end of the day!

We had some severe thunderstorms roll through the other night. Lots of loud thunder and bright lightening. So it was hard to fall asleep. 

Also, Duke was howling in his sleep. 

And Ava was attempting to kick her way out of my uterus. 

So I did not get much sleep that night!

I have been getting the occasional leg cramp at night in bed. I've had them for several weeks now. It's a common symptom, I guess. I am usually able to flex my foot just in time to prevent it from becoming a full-blown Charlie horse. I could also eat a banana everyday to help combat that, but bananas also make you constipated. 

And I don't need any (more) of that. I already have to eat a Fiber One bar and Activia yogurt everyday just to keep things moving. 

But things still aren't moving very fast!

I've read that prenatal vitamins contribute to constipation as well, but there is really nothing that can be done about that!

I hung up some more things on a wall in Ava's room. Her changing dresser will go in front of it:

I plan to put some photos in the frames - I'm thinking maybe of the fur babies? And the little grey frame says "I love you to the moon and back". The pink cross says "For this child I have prayed", and the white frame says "Blessed little bundle of perfection". 

I got almost all of it from Hobby Lobby, the colored frames from Kirklands, and the white frame from Halmark. That white frame was one of the first things I bought when I found out I was pregnant. I've been very excited to find a permanent home for it in her room!

I have my glucose test (yay) and my 28 week appointment next week!

See you then!


I'm getting big!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy-Peasy Pumpkin Decorating

I sure haven't gotten around to doing much decorating for the Fall. I'm feeling sort of "Bah-humbug" about Halloween this year. I did buy some pumpkins.  And then I put them outside the garage door.  And that is about all the effort I have put forth so far.  Last year I was inspired to do some creative chevron painting on my pumpkins and use decorative ribbons. For whatever reason, this year I've been so lazy and wanted something with less effort required.  Is that bad of me?! I got my act together today and put some spider web on my now dead bushes in the front of the house (yeah I managed to kill those - I did not consider how much the dirt would settle and the top two inches of the roots became exposed. Lesson learned!). I also put some up on the brick wall by the garage. That stuff sticks perfectly to the texture of the brick!  Then I put my pumpkins by the door. I had a few pairs of black textured tights, so I put one leg of

The Tears Won't Stop

I can't sleep, guys. Valentine's Day is coming up soon. And tonight, the tears started, and they just wouldn't stop. 2008 was truly an unbearable year. A lot of you know my story and the connection here, but many of you don't. I don't think that I've shared about the whole year, all together. I've been told by a few very supportive friends that my story could basically be a Nicholas Sparks movie; I think the ending is still being written. So, I'll do my best to get it all in writing, in one place. To start off, you'll need a little background information. It's mid-2007, and I am about to head off for my senior year of college, and my boyfriend (now husband) was about to embark on his first tour of duty overseas as a Military Police Reservist. My mom was 1 year into her cancer diagnosis, and was experiencing back pain, which she attributed to working in the yard so much that summer. After the New Year, Chris was about halfway t

That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It

Pinterest is amazing . Have you heard of it? I hope so, because if not, you are truly missing out. It has almost become the new "Google" for some (me). I am more likely to hop on Pinterest to search for a yummy recipe than search on Google. I would like to point out, however, that Google has a recipe tab that you can click on, and then on the left side of the screen you can checkmark the boxes to indicate if you want that ingredient to be present in your recipe. Kinda handy if you are looking for a recipe and you can only remember a few ingredients in it. Anyway, browsing Pinterest has led me to great ideas, recipes, products, and left me drooling over dream homes and a wardrobe to die for. But recently, as Pinterest has become more popular, I have noticed some really dumb links. I am not typically one to point out stuff like this, but some of these things just crack me up! I'm not sure I get this. This image is suggesting that this is an acceptable way to re-sea