Skip to main content

The Best Baby Registry!

I forgot to share this little tidbit!

If you are expecting a child, you definitely need to do an Amazon registry!

Here are my reasons why:

1. You can add ANYTHING from ANY website.

2. Your shipping information is on the registry and Amazon Prime members can ship to you for free! (Items must be Amazon Prime eligible) This works great for out-of-town friends and family!

3. You receive a completion discount of 15% off a month or two before the expected arrival date (I forget the exact timeline)! This is a one-time use coupon with exclusions, but it works on most items! I stuck some things for Ava on Liam's registry so we could get the discount on a couple things for her, too!

4. I had 3 registries with duplicates items across each one to see which store had better prices. 99% of the time, Amazon has been the same or the cheapest! Our double stroller has been priced at $299 in store, and I found the price fluctuates a bit on Amazon. The green version of the stroller dropped to $189! Stack the 15% discount on it and that's quite a deal!

5. They have a great return policy! So don't sweat it if you need to return something. Amazon has great customer service - we once ordered diapers in the wrong size and they told us to KEEP them and they sent us the correct size! So we ended up with free diapers!

6. I did not know about this for Ava's Amazon registry, but you get a FREE Welcome box full of baby/new mommy samples! I didn't spot this until just a few weeks ago, hidden on the sidebar when I had the registry pulled up. You have to have at least $10 worth of items already purchased off your registry, you'll need to complete the "registry jumpstart" (this is just a guide for what items Amazon suggests you'll need for a new baby, but you DON'T have to actually add them...just check off the item until it says 100% complete <<< this part was a little confusing to me). Lastly, you must be an Amazon Prime member (I'm telling you...the free 2-day shipping is worth it!) and then you can claim your FREE box! Here is a link to the FAQ page for clarification.


This is what we got in our box:

A few brands of baby wash (Johnson & Johnson and Burt's Bees)
A few brands of baby lotion (BabyGanics and Aquafor)
Diaper samples (Seventh Generation, size newborn)
A huuuuge refill of baby wipes
A 4oz. Avent bottle
Nursing pads samples (Avent)
MAM Pacifier
30-Day supply of prenatal vitamins


Pretty cool! I think I would have appreciated it a bit more as a first-time mom, when you have NO idea what products you'll like. But I still plan to use just about all of it! I'll never turn down free diapers and wipes! We have used one diaper for Ava to put on her baby doll, and since we already have an abundance of bottles, Ava also got the bottle to play with as well. These will be her baby things she gets to play with once Liam is born!



Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this. I saw the link of FB. My wife and I are making our registries this weekend, so it's quite timely. Amazon was already on our list (used it for wedding too), but I didn't know about the 15% off and welcome box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Enjoy this time - congrats on the little one coming soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy-Peasy Pumpkin Decorating

I sure haven't gotten around to doing much decorating for the Fall. I'm feeling sort of "Bah-humbug" about Halloween this year. I did buy some pumpkins.  And then I put them outside the garage door.  And that is about all the effort I have put forth so far.  Last year I was inspired to do some creative chevron painting on my pumpkins and use decorative ribbons. For whatever reason, this year I've been so lazy and wanted something with less effort required.  Is that bad of me?! I got my act together today and put some spider web on my now dead bushes in the front of the house (yeah I managed to kill those - I did not consider how much the dirt would settle and the top two inches of the roots became exposed. Lesson learned!). I also put some up on the brick wall by the garage. That stuff sticks perfectly to the texture of the brick!  Then I put my pumpkins by the door. I had a few pairs of black textured tights, so I put one leg of

The Tears Won't Stop

I can't sleep, guys. Valentine's Day is coming up soon. And tonight, the tears started, and they just wouldn't stop. 2008 was truly an unbearable year. A lot of you know my story and the connection here, but many of you don't. I don't think that I've shared about the whole year, all together. I've been told by a few very supportive friends that my story could basically be a Nicholas Sparks movie; I think the ending is still being written. So, I'll do my best to get it all in writing, in one place. To start off, you'll need a little background information. It's mid-2007, and I am about to head off for my senior year of college, and my boyfriend (now husband) was about to embark on his first tour of duty overseas as a Military Police Reservist. My mom was 1 year into her cancer diagnosis, and was experiencing back pain, which she attributed to working in the yard so much that summer. After the New Year, Chris was about halfway t

That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It

Pinterest is amazing . Have you heard of it? I hope so, because if not, you are truly missing out. It has almost become the new "Google" for some (me). I am more likely to hop on Pinterest to search for a yummy recipe than search on Google. I would like to point out, however, that Google has a recipe tab that you can click on, and then on the left side of the screen you can checkmark the boxes to indicate if you want that ingredient to be present in your recipe. Kinda handy if you are looking for a recipe and you can only remember a few ingredients in it. Anyway, browsing Pinterest has led me to great ideas, recipes, products, and left me drooling over dream homes and a wardrobe to die for. But recently, as Pinterest has become more popular, I have noticed some really dumb links. I am not typically one to point out stuff like this, but some of these things just crack me up! I'm not sure I get this. This image is suggesting that this is an acceptable way to re-sea