Skip to main content

Liam Turns the Big 5 (months)!

I'm writing this up a little early because you know, moving.


MOVING HALFWAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY!


My brain needs to keep moving forward and tackling things on the to-do list, and this post was one I could type up in a flash and cross off the ever-growing list!!


I don't know why 5 months seems so much older to me than 4 months. It's just another 30 days!


I think it's because I know we are so close to some major milestones and I also know how fast the back end of the first year goes...before I know it, Liam will be a tiny toddler chasing Ava around! What a crazy thought!!


Liam has changed leaps and bounds this month. He's got a really strong core now and wants to sit up when I try to recline him in my lap. He can roll to his belly and has been sleeping on his tummy! He likes to swing his arms around and is getting pretty grabby! He's become a big chatterbox and he just loves to giggle and smile! There is so much drool everywhere and he usually has to wear a bib while upright to help soak it all up! He's become used to the constant noise and action Ava adds to the day, so when she is napping, he tends to not be as happy to play because the house is too quiet, haha! Or at least that's what I've concluded. Big sister is great entertainment for him! He loves to snuggle up on your shoulder and suck on his fingers. He's got 2 bottom teeth threatening to bust through soon! Ava was cutting teeth for our last move, so it would be fitting if Liam was cutting his as well!

Ava knows her numbers!! She is incredibly stubborn so she won't ever name them when I ask her to, but she has spontaneously done it and knows quite a few! Makes me so excited!! I wish she would do it more often! So all you anti-screen time people out there, or those worried that screen time is bad, it has now helped my daughter learn her letters, numbers, colors, shapes, animals and their sounds, songs and fingerplays, and so much more! You just need to pick the right apps and shows - they're not all bad!

I wonder how big girl is going to handle this move. It's going to be an adventure for sure! We can't wait to get to our new house! First-time homeowners here; that should be an adventure as well!


You know how much I love to share on here. I think it's a rewarding part of the human experience to be able to share stories with people and feel connected and close even though we are so far away. But there is this little (ok BIG) thing called OPSEC. Maybe you've heard of it, and maybe you haven't. But it is going to restrict me from sharing a bit so I might go a little vague on you for awhile.


Can you tell I just quickly uploaded these from my phone?! Sorry the Dr. Seuss one turned out so hard to read! I thought it was clever. Actually, they all turned out kinda bad. Here; let me type it out so you can read it better:

"I am Sam, Sam I am
Do you like OPSEC and ham?
I do not get it, Sam I am, I do not get OPSEC
and ham. We must use it here and there. We must use
it everywhere.
You can share it in a car. But you cannot in a bar.
You cannot share it in a text. You cannot share it
at the Nex.
You can say it at your house. But should not tell a random
spouse. You can say it in the shower. But do not go sharing
at happy hour. Don't make the ombudsman sweat.
Don't post it to the internet.
You cannot share it in a tweet. That would not be very sweet.
Beware of facebook and myspace too. It's tempting to let your feelings
through. You cannot tell it to a friend. Not even at the very end.
It is a privilege to know a date. Don't tell anyone
or the date might be late!
Oh, I get it, Sam I am. Now I get OPSEC and ham!
I will not tell anyone.
I will keep hushed until they are done! I will not tell him
or her. I will not tell my dog with fur. I will not tell my
child's teacher. I will not tell a creature.

Thank you, thank you, Sam I am.
Thank you for clearing up OPSEC and ham!"

NEX =Navy Exchange...the equivalent to a mini department store on base. PX and BX are other names for it in the other branches.

I had to look this one up as this is written with the Navy in mind:
Ombudsman = "Every Command has an Ombudsman who is a spouse of a sailor at the Command. The Ombudsman serves as the liaison between the command and the families. The Ombudsman is the point of contact for the families. He or she can assist families with navigating through Navy life through resources and information" - sounds like the FRG leader to me!

So if you ask me questions about my husband, I may not be able to answer them very completely or maybe not at all. It's nothing personal, it's just for safety. The world out there is a very scary place, and it seems it's only getting worse. The media is NO help...but don't get me started on that!!

I can't believe my next post will be about Liam starting solid foods!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy-Peasy Pumpkin Decorating

I sure haven't gotten around to doing much decorating for the Fall. I'm feeling sort of "Bah-humbug" about Halloween this year. I did buy some pumpkins.  And then I put them outside the garage door.  And that is about all the effort I have put forth so far.  Last year I was inspired to do some creative chevron painting on my pumpkins and use decorative ribbons. For whatever reason, this year I've been so lazy and wanted something with less effort required.  Is that bad of me?! I got my act together today and put some spider web on my now dead bushes in the front of the house (yeah I managed to kill those - I did not consider how much the dirt would settle and the top two inches of the roots became exposed. Lesson learned!). I also put some up on the brick wall by the garage. That stuff sticks perfectly to the texture of the brick!  Then I put my pumpkins by the door. I had a few pairs of black textured tights, so I put one leg of

The Tears Won't Stop

I can't sleep, guys. Valentine's Day is coming up soon. And tonight, the tears started, and they just wouldn't stop. 2008 was truly an unbearable year. A lot of you know my story and the connection here, but many of you don't. I don't think that I've shared about the whole year, all together. I've been told by a few very supportive friends that my story could basically be a Nicholas Sparks movie; I think the ending is still being written. So, I'll do my best to get it all in writing, in one place. To start off, you'll need a little background information. It's mid-2007, and I am about to head off for my senior year of college, and my boyfriend (now husband) was about to embark on his first tour of duty overseas as a Military Police Reservist. My mom was 1 year into her cancer diagnosis, and was experiencing back pain, which she attributed to working in the yard so much that summer. After the New Year, Chris was about halfway t

That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It

Pinterest is amazing . Have you heard of it? I hope so, because if not, you are truly missing out. It has almost become the new "Google" for some (me). I am more likely to hop on Pinterest to search for a yummy recipe than search on Google. I would like to point out, however, that Google has a recipe tab that you can click on, and then on the left side of the screen you can checkmark the boxes to indicate if you want that ingredient to be present in your recipe. Kinda handy if you are looking for a recipe and you can only remember a few ingredients in it. Anyway, browsing Pinterest has led me to great ideas, recipes, products, and left me drooling over dream homes and a wardrobe to die for. But recently, as Pinterest has become more popular, I have noticed some really dumb links. I am not typically one to point out stuff like this, but some of these things just crack me up! I'm not sure I get this. This image is suggesting that this is an acceptable way to re-sea